Sunday, June 3, 2012

A few little setbacks...

This week we had a few little problems in our activities, but with the problems, we still managed to find some fun things to do.  For memorial day weekend, we decided to go to a natural pool a half hour away.  When we got there, the wait was 2 1/2 hours just to get in, so instead we went to the state capital and walked around.  Afterwards we went to a popular BBQ place called Stubbs and went to Lady Bird Lake.  We thought it would be a fun little picnic until these little caterpillars took over.  By the end, our stroller was covered, Clark was completely freaked and lets be honest, I was trying not to scream!  On Monday, we went to our apartment pool (we do this about 3 times a week at least!) and then I took the boys on a shopping trip so David could get some work done from home.  Of course I got lost, but it ended up being okay in the end.  Pretty exciting eh??  I'm just glad we got through the holiday weekend in one piece.

While David is at work during the week, I take Clark & Cayson to our ward park days, as well as splash pad days.  Its been fun to see Clark playing with kids his age and its been fun to enjoy the sun (even though I'm still pasty white!) & company of the other moms.  On the other days I try to go to another park or splash pad by ourselves, and I always end up getting lost. We also go to preschool storytime at the library, which is great because I end up running into someone in our ward.  Then on the other days I run errands & we get chores done.  The coolest part is that Clark is into taking naps these days because he is so worn out by the heat, which has been great for me.  We also enjoy playing bubbles, painting & playing "car crash" during the day to stay out of the 95 degree temp!

Because our weekend was a little rocky, we decided to make the most of the week after David got home.  We headed to Gordoughs for HUGE doughnuts on Monday,  the Austin Children's Museum on Wednesday, movie in the park (The Little Mermaid which Clark LOVED) on Friday, and went to a presentation by the Austin Bike Zoo (bikes dressed up as animals and such!) on Saturday.  Saturday morning we waited for 2 1/2 hours for another BBQ place called Franklin BBQ.  It was great, but we are all feeling the effects of it today! This next week its supposed to be even hotter, so we plan on doing more swimming and splashing than anything else!

Texas State Capital 
The Children's Museum (lots of fun things for Clark to do, I didn't get great pics, so here are just a few)

 Splash park fun
 Austin Bike Zoo (we got a little bored...)
 Trying to be cool and pose on The Studio by HGTV wall...
Clarky man
 Daddy and Cayson
 Dorky Mommy


2 comments:

David S said...

I laughed at the part when you said you had to keep from screaming at the caterpillars.

Rolene and David said...

It's true right? :) I knew if I did Clark would freak even more!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones