Saturday, January 21, 2012

Potty training...

In one word let me describe this event... IRRITATING!  It all started 13 months ago, yes you read right, 13 months.  Clark started going potty on the big boy potty and for 2 months he was being a big boy!  Unfortunately, after that for a whole 2 weeks we had nothing but accidents.  There was constant laundry being done and then I just realized he had reverted back to babydom, which was okay, he was only just barely 2 years old.  I was coached to do it when he was ready, and was assured that by the age of 3, it all would be over.  Well that isn't the case...  right after Christmas, the diaper fairy came and took all of Clark's Pull Ups and left a treat.  We then started on our path to hopeful potty going bliss.  11 days later and 10 laundry washes, I just realized I couldn't do it anymore.  I am naturally cranky as a prego lady, and this made me go crazy.  I didn't want to be so irritated and annoyed anymore.  I wanted to be the happy mommy I once was!  So here we are today, I have a child who pleads to wear underwear, but refuses to go potty in the toilet.  He wants the best of both worlds.  I'm not quite sure what to do, but all I know is that my kid will be in Pull Ups until his mission....

4 comments:

Ashley Gilbert said...

Hahaha...Rolene I had the same problem...well kinda. Chloe wasn't going to do it--no way no how when she was 2. I pretty much have given up for the time being, but she does go pee in the potty every so often. I was told by our pediatrician that once I had the baby she would probably revert again, so I am waiting until she really is 3. She will be next week, but I know it will be a while before she really wants to be the big potty girl.

Molly said...

I had the HARDEST time potty training Landon. It was seriously one of my biggest life struggles! I don't have fond memories of that very long period of time. Believe me...I feel your pain. I went to the Dollar Store and loaded up my basket with all sorts of treats and toys and goodies that I knew Landon would love. Everytime he went on the potty he got to choose one of the special prizes from the bag. That was the thing I found most helpful, so I just thought I'd share. Positive reenforcement, instead of punishment proved to be much more efficient, although it's sure hard to do when they're 3 and you've been doing it for so long! I'm sorry. I hope it gets better soon!

Rick& Amy said...

Put his underwear on over his Pull-up. Best of both worlds! Ha,ha! No, seriously though, try to have patience with him. It's okay to back down and let him take it at his speed. Grayson did not want to go in the potty for the longest time, then one day I told him he was doing it and He did, Good Luck!

Hilary Jan said...

I am laughing out loud. I am sorry, I know it isn't funny to be in the situation but as a completely unaffected reader, it is comical. Can baby dos get here so you can return home?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones