Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Everything's bigger in Texas

I've always heard that everything is bigger in Texas and its totally true! In the short time we have been here, here is what we've found...
THE BUGS-holy cow, they are huge & unfortunately friendly. This last week at church there were bugs in every room we went, so crazy & yucky!

THE MEAT-we have gone to many places to eat "Texas" style food & the plates are huge & not to mention DELICIOUS! They sell most of the meat by the pound instead of entrees!

THE HOSPITALITY- I've never met such friendly & non judgmental people. It's really made our stay here completely enjoyable. People help you without asking(many help open doors & carry groceries). Everyone is so nice!

THE WATER CUPS-We love that they aren't stingy with water here. They don't try to charge you for random things(darn California & Utah).

THE DONUTS-They make donuts as big as your head! They also make donuts with stuff on top of them that make it almost impossible for one person to eat!

THE RAIN-We had a rain storm for 5 minutes last week, although it was short, the rain drops were HUGE, they looked like snow! The lightning & thunder are big too!

THE OPINIONS-People are very opinionated here but they aren't rude or push others into debates. They aren't shy about speaking there minds, I like it!

THE HUMIDITY & HEAT-Wow, it's so different when both of these things combine. You definitely can't prepare for it!

PATRIOTISM-Everyone is proud to be in the US & in Texas. It's refreshing to see flags everywhere! 

THE MUSIC-I love walking around & hearing all different kinds of music & instruments. The music is amazing & for some here, it's there life!

THE TANS-Living in student housing I see a lot of big, fake tans!

THE HATS-If guys wear hats here, they are HUGE! It's pretty outrageous! I'm sure I'll find out more BIGGER things in Texas, but here is the list so far!

2 comments:

Sandy: said...

haha...love this post. I wish I could come out a see all the BIG things in Texas!! I was trying to see if I could fit it into my schedule, but it doesn't look like it. :(

Rolene and David said...

You are pretty booked up! We wish you could see this, it's a completely different culture! Maybe next summer we'll come back & then you can come!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones