Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New computer

David has been studying and working really hard to learn everything "I.T.".  Last month he built a new computer for our family and saved us $500!  He sure is finding his niche!  Anywho, here is a video of the new pretty computer, it has LED lights that light up, and a fan that lights up too!
Here is its official name...
Intel i5 650 Asus P7P55D


7 comments:

jana said...

WOW I'm impressed.

Ashley Gilbert said...

Aaron would love to talk to your hubs. Aaron loves building computers. He would have a field day with Dave talking about that stuff. Has Dave ever been to Think Geek. com? He would love that site I'll bet. :)

Amanda said...

Beau always builds computers. We have a house full of computer parts! He is getting ready to build himself a new one this fall, hard drives prices are supposed to drop or something. It is a lot cheaper than buying a desktop.

Jon, Julee, Maddie, & Dane said...

We are in serious need of a computer. I have such a bad experience with Dell that I'm ready to fork out some money for a computer to last and PERFORM. I've comtemplated having one built or learning how to do it. Looks sweet and I'm super impressed that you put it all together by yourself. Best part is you don't have to call Dell's flippin aweful customer service.

Kristie said...

Ummmm, what??? I didn't even know Dave was into that? That is AWESOME!! Can you build me one???!!! Ours SUCKS. You at least need to tell me how we can make ours faster because it is super slow and I don't know the slightest thing about how a computer is made...

David S said...

Kristie,

I'd love to help you out. First off, the easiest way to make any computer faster is to buy more RAM (i.e., memory). You can buy 1 GB stick of memory for approx. $25. Then you open the case and stick it in the (correct) slot and then turn it on. The computer will recognize it automatically. You will notice a big difference immediately.

I'd have to know more about your computer to give you any more advice.

Risenmay said...

Do you remember when Chris built one of our computers too? I think Rhett helped him build it...just an interesting fact, I guess...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones